Stick Man is based on the best-selling picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, and is the 4th in a series of TV specials by Magic Light Pictures.
The film screened on BBC1 on Christmas day in 2015 to over 9.2 million viewers (4th most watched TV programme on the day) and we were delighted with the response!
excerpt from “Christmas morning” sequence
excerpt from “Seasons montage” sequence
I’m extremely proud this little film and the team that made it!
AWARDS SO FAR
- Annecy International Animation Festival 2016: Cristal for TV production
- Kidscreen 2017: Best kids TV special, Best direction, Best production design and Best music.
- BANFF World Media Festival 2016: Best Animation
- 13th Biennial of Animation Bratislava: Children´s Audience Award
- 2016 Singapore International Children’s Film Festival: Audience Choice Award & Best Animated Film
- Shanghai TV Festival 2016: Best Animation
- Bangalore Shorts Film Festival: Best Animation
- Marin County Fair Short Film competition: Best Animation
- 40th Cleveland International Film Festival: Audience Award for best animated short film.
- British Animation Awards: Best use of sound, Best vocal performance
- Children’s BAFTA 2016: Best Animation
- Le prix jeunesse 2016